No, I don’t mean Thanksgiving or Hanukkah…I mean the day Britney Spears was born!
Today is Britney’s 32nd birthday and I am so happy that Brit has made it another year. Let’s be real, it was getting a bit dicey back in 2007 : /
Anywho, I’m spending the evening celebrating with my cat. We are getting wild like it’s 2007!
Don’t forget, Britney Jean (Britney’s 8th studio album) is out tomorrow. I will be listening to it from 8:30 am until the early evening. Feel free to check in and get my opinion. Who are we kidding, I’ll probably say it’s the best thing I’ve ever heard.
Happy Birthday Brit! I love you.
There aren’t many topics that make me want to enter a heated debate; but I will argue with anyone on this planet about how Justin Timberlake still loves Britney Spears. Let’s be real, when you wear matching jean outfits in public, that’s eternal love.
If you listen to Justin’s new and old jams, you can clearly hear that he’s not over Britney. I am about to lay out the 5 stages of a breakup and show you in musical form how JT is still coping.
Please note: Some songs may not be in order of release. Everyone deals with grief differently, you know?
1. Denial – What Goes Around…Comes Around was released around the same time that Britney was splitting up with K-Fed. Coincidence, I think not. I put this jam in the denial slot because even though Brit and JT broke up in 2002, he is still in denial about the fact that she cheated on him. Yes, it was a poor choice on her part, but she did apologize.
Justin sings Don’t want to think about it / Don’t want to talk about it / I’m just so sick about it / Can’t believe it’s ending this way. Poor guy.
2. Anger – Ok, we get it…Britney got with another dude, but did you have to find a girl who looks extremely similar to your ex lady for your music video? Ugh, you get this one for free, Timberlake.
3. Bargaining – Cheating was a deal breaker for JT and he has definitely held his ground on that front. I give Brit the blame here, she should’ve picked honesty, then she may not have blown it. Please refer to song in stage 2.
4. Depression – Remember when Justin went on a musical hiatus from 2007 – 2012 to focus on his “acting.” He was actually in a dark room covered in Britney posters while drinking heavily. He wrote a song called Drink You Away where he states “I can’t drink you away.” Neither could Britney, boo.
5. Acceptance – Let’s be real, there is no acceptance where Britney is concerned. That flame will never burn out. Since my brain and heart cannot fathom that idea that Mirrors is about Jessica Biel, I will award Britney the point.
As you can see, I clearly have too much time on my hands. #TeamBritney
Many people’s favorite time of year falls around the holiday season or the beginnings of summer. My favorite time is neither of those…it’s when Britney Spears releases new music.
As you may have guessed, that day is RIGHT NOW!
Before you listen to Brit’s new jam, I would like to say a few words. If you haven’t visited http://britneyspears.com in a while, the site has been displaying a countdown with the phrase All Eyes on Me. There has been much speculation as to what this countdown was counting towards. For a few days I thought it was for the Vegas tour announcement, but now I realize it’s for a NEW MUSIC VIDEO! If you can’t tell, I’m freaking out!
Here is what we have all been waiting for. It’s time to Work Bitch!
A few things I’ve learned/realized from this song:
- Britney loves using the word Bitch
- She must have some English roots, because Brit is really going British these days
- I need to start purchasing leotards to wear on casual friday
Lyrics to look out for: Go call the police / Go call the governor / I bring the trouble / That means the trouble y’all
Keep an eye out for Brit’s new music video. It will be revealed in 1 day, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 25 seconds. I mean 24 seconds. No wait 23 seconds. Jesus, you get the point.
NY Daily News is reporting that Team Britney and Team Simon have finally reached a deal that will result in getting Britney’s ass on “The X Factor.” Britney is set to fill one of the open seats at the judges’ table left open by Paula Abdul and Nicole Scherzinger.
My spiritual goddess will be getting $15 million for sitting at a table and judging people…I bet J.Lo is pissed, she only rakes in a cool $12 million on “Idol.” As for Paula Abdul’s previous salary, Simon only gave her $2.5 million. Talk about jipped.
According to the NY Daily News article, “The fact that she’s [Spears] one of the most talked about — not just pop stars, but people — in the world today means that you’ve got this star power,” Cowell told Billy Bush in February on “The Billy Bush Show.” “She’s still hot, she’s still having hit records, and she’s still controversial. There’s a reason for that,” said Cowell.
Looks like I’m watching “The X Factor” now.